[!CrackMonkey!] macos x

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Mar 22 18:07:59 PST 2002

<quote who="M. Drew Streib">

> otoh, there is much that we (in the free software world) can learn from
> the way MacOS X presents things. Personally, I'm hoping to see some of the
> graphical free software (esp config tools) integrate some of these ideas
> into free software. Not a clone, mind you, but just use of the ideas that
> are somewhat novel.

See the GNOME 2.0 Desktop when it comes out. There will certainly be more
work to do, but there's been a lot of inspiration from OS X.

> I'm also hoping that they don't get sued by Apple's legal department
> if/when they do so.

Given that the best talent of Eazel now works in the same department at
Apple, there may be other odd things going on. ;-)

- Jeff

--
   "It's actually my new bandwidth conservation technique: compresion of
                     al double leters." - Telsa Gwynne