[CrackMonkey] I find it insulting...

The Right Honorable and Most Noble Archduke of Chicago inkblot at movealong.org
Tue Jan 29 15:10:03 PST 2002

Quoting Praedor Tempus:
> On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 15:32, M. Drew Streib wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 05:28:37PM -0500, lehi k davis wrote:
> > > btw, how many geeks with guns are on this list?
> >
> > H&K USP Compact 9mm
>
> I'm sorry, but if one cannot protect/defend oneself in the PROPER MANLY
> way, with THEIR HANDS AND FEET, then they're a goddamn pussy.  Also, a
> gun wont make up for a teenie-weenie penis no matter what caliber it is.

On one level I agree with our feeble associate Mr. Tempus.  When one is
capable of bare-handed manly defense of God and country, then one is
totally sweet (refer to the recent Ninja story on PigDog).

On the other hand, there is an appeal to firearms even beyond simple
compensation for bodily deficiencies.  The raw primeval need for power
which is ever present in the human psyche is directly satiated by the
possesion and use of a firearm.  Therefore such possession and use is
not a sure sign of "a teenie-weenie penis" (refer to the recent article
in The Onion titled "Peace Activist Has To Admit Barrett .50 Caliber
Sniper Rifle Is Pretty Cool").

-Nate