[CrackMonkey] [owen@ditherati.com: D I T H E R A T I for 15 February 2002]

Monkey Master and Prince Regent of San Francisco monkeymaster at crackmonkey.org
Sat Feb 16 12:04:47 PST 2002

begin  Miles Nordin  quotation:
> yeah.  I had 1.03, the one with the egg-slicer animation in WIN.COM
> when it booted up, like something out of a side-scrolling video game.
> I was late for school once because I trusted the time on Windows
> 1.03's analog CLOCK.EXE, and Windows was missing timer interrupts or
> something.

	Brett Glass says he went to Microsoft for a job inturview in
the eighties when they were working on Windows.  He asked if it could
multitask, and Balmer says "why?".

	"Oh, I dunno, maybe I might like to see that clock while I'm
working on something els--"
	<ballmer interrupts with long screed about UI implications of
multitasking and how "it's too much for the users">
	"k bye."

--
INFORMATION GLADLY GIVEN BUT SAFETY REQUIRES AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION
end