[CrackMonkey] [tanner@real-time.com: [TCLUG] Messing with SMTP headers and Outlook]

Overlord of Minnesota and Protector of the Dakotas hick0142 at tc.umn.edu
Tue Feb 5 16:57:48 PST 2002

I think the reason for the net gain of losers to this list is because of
rampant forwarding about the original slashdot story.  As such, I
present Exhibit A:

----- Forwarded message from Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> -----

From: Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:29:51 -0600
Subject: [TCLUG] Messing with SMTP headers and Outlook

Carl forwarded this to me, so I'm forwarding this to you. :-)

http://crackmonkey.org/pipermail/crackmonkey/2002q1/025865.html

In particular...

Yes.  It's true that I run a mailing list that does not allow
posting from Windows users.  Many people complain about this, but in
my mind I see it as no different than a restaurant or dance hall
having a dress code.  It raises the bar for entry to the list, and
ensures that users really want to be there.

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Brian Hicks <hick0142 at umn.edu> <http://eight.dhs.org> <PGP:0xADDD1F16>
  "We did a lot of that, on TNG. The pointing and laughing, I mean."