[CrackMonkey] burnallpngs.org

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Tue Nov 20 13:07:40 PST 2001

Don Marti wrote:

> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/39/22898.html
>
> "PNG alpha is identical to the version described in Porter and Duff's
> 1984 SIGGRAPH paper, which precedes Apple's filing by 8 years."

Fairlight Instruments, the first company in Aus (maybe the world) to produce
a computer-based digital music synth and editing suite (CMI) also
created a digital video synth and editing suite called the CVI.

The CVI was born in the mid 1980's and used its own home-grown
alpha blending technique for stencils and friskettes.

Put that in your patent pipe and smoke it, Apple.

Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services Pty Limited

I'm not interested in developing a powerful brain.  All I'm after is
just a mediocre brain, something like the president of American Telephone
and Telegraph Company.
     -- Alan Turing on the possibilities of a thinking machine, 1943.