[CrackMonkey] age-old story

Monkey Master monkeymaster at crackmonkey.org
Sun Dec 16 12:34:34 PST 2001

begin  Rick Moen Lives Three Hours from Nowhere  quotation:
> > Look hard I did, and now I'm running maradns (which, while a bit
> > warty, at least allows the Debian project to package the freaking
> > thing).
>
> Yes, MaraDNS is quite useful.  And if you mean you're now packaging
> it for Debian, my thanks.

It's already in testing (0.8.99 is in unstable):

Package: maradns
Section: non-US
Installed-Size: 518
Maintainer: Jaakko Niemi <liiwi at debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.8.35-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4)
Conflicts: bind
Filename: pool/non-US/main/m/maradns/maradns_0.8.35-1_i386.deb
Size: 237180
MD5sum: d52d3dd1f71ae0d44de49fc4695f0e34
 This DNS server has the following goals:
 .
 Security. A DNS server needs to be secure. It has a number of
 security features in the code, including:
 .
 1.The code uses a special string library which is
 resistant to buffer overflows.
 .
 2.The code, if started as root, mandates running as an
 unprivledged user in a chroot() jail.
 .
 Open-Source. This DNS server is public-domain code. There are no
 restrictions attached to this code.
 .
 Simplicity. This DNS server has the minimum number of features
 needed to correctly act as an authoritative name server for a
 domain.
 .
 MaraDNS can be found from http://www.maradns.org

--
INFORMATION GLADLY GIVEN BUT SAFETY REQUIRES AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION

	01234567 <- The amazing* indent-o-meter!