[CrackMonkey] age-old story

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Dec 16 12:38:07 PST 2001

begin Neale Pickett quotation:

> It was his directory layout.  As I'm finding is his fashion, he didn't
> like how Unix filesystems were laid out, so he created his own layout.
> Previously you just had to have this screwy /service directory, and
> you put everything else in /var, which was okay; I changed all the
> directories around.

This was the final straw that recently got his stuff kicked out of
OpenBSD, if memory serves.

> Look hard I did, and now I'm running maradns (which, while a bit
> warty, at least allows the Debian project to package the freaking
> thing).

Yes, MaraDNS is quite useful.  And if you mean you're now packaging it
for Debian, my thanks.

> I still like the code he writes, it's good code.

It's very bizarre code.  To the extent that I can read it, I'm not sure
I like what that says about the state of my mind.

--
"Is it not the beauty of an asynchronous form of discussion that one can go and
make cups of tea, floss the cat, fluff the geraniums, open the kitchen window