[CrackMonkey] More quality proprietary software.

Sean Neakums sneakums at zork.net
Sun Dec 16 09:38:37 PST 2001

HAW HAW HAW!

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
Date: Sun Dec 16 17:35:01 2001
From: Various
Subject: Various

Topics:
   Usage of usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps
   Antigen found =*.vbs file

Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 14:43:22 +0100
From: Eduard Bloch <edi at gmx.de>
To: debian-devel at lists.debian.org
Subject: Usage of usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps

Hi,

recently I received a bug report about usage of a pixmap file in the
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps directory though it's never been used for
development there. According to FHS the /usr/X11R6/include is for
development stuff only - so why do many user-oriented packages put their
stuff there?

A simple perl/shell hack presents a long list of FHS (and so policy)
violating packages (see below). Should we start reporting RC bugs on all
them or on the policy only to make this to an exceptional case?

Affected packages:

alevt
asmail
aumix-gtk
battleball
bloksi
bugsquish
chbg
circuslinux
cmail-icons
ctwm
defendguin
ding
dosemu
drgenius
fvwm-icons
garchiver
gemdropx
gerstensaft
gfpoken
ghostview
glotski
gnome-breakout
gnome-utils
goldedplus
gtans
gtkcookie
guile-common
gv
heroes-common
isdnbutton
jazip
koules
linpopup
linuxlogo
madbomber
menu
mew
mhc
mhc-utils
moon-buggy-esd
mova
oo-browser
pcb
sanduhr
scilab
searchandrescue
snowflake
solfege
sunclock
tipptrainer
tkhylafax
tkinfo
toolbar-fancy
toshutils
tuxracer
twclock
twlog
twpsk
uae
vim
w3m-el
wn
wordnet
workman
xbomb
xcingb
xcircuit
xdemineur
xfig
xgammon
xinvaders
xisp
xlibs
xoids
xpcd
xpostitplus
xsabre
xscavenger
xsidplay
xsmc-calc
xteddy
xvier
xvile
xxgdb
zed

zgrep 'usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps' Contents-i386.gz | perl -pe '@a=split("/",$_); print $a[$#a]; $_=""' | sort | uniq

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
- -
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter
end

- -
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-request at lists.debian.org