[CrackMonkey] [nick@zork.net: Re: [Lnx-bbc-devel] The GAR system (IT WORKS!)]

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Sun Dec 9 20:58:17 PST 2001

Holy cow, it worked.

----- Forwarded message from Nick Moffitt <nick at zork.net> -----

Good heavens, it worked!

	Well, for one package anyway.  It doesn't do dependencies or
patches properly, yet, but we can get that going as we need it.  It
also, for some reason, seems to want to remove all of the downloaded
and cookie files it made (harmless, really, but it needs fixing).

Everyone should grab http://zork.net/pub/bbc-gar.tar.gz and play with
it.  It's only got the one package in it, and it's my rather
well-behaved nwall package.

The system is HEAVILY biased toward packages that use autoconf
properly.  It should be enough to build most GNU packages, as a
result.

The nwall package is in the "chat" category dir, which is likely not
where it should go ultimately.  I'll need help in classifying and
categorizing packages.

I'll also need a small group of people willing to become early package
maintainers.  The early packages may be a bit of a struggle, so you'll
be helping me polish up the ports libraries.  Volunteers, anyone?

I'd also like to announce that the bbc.port.mk and bbc.port.lib.mk
(I'll change the names once I get this stuff imported into the lnx-bbc
CVS trees) files total 222 lines in all, counting comments.  Here's
hoping that I can always keep it this lean!

--
INFORMATION GLADLY GIVEN BUT SAFETY REQUIRES AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION

	01234567 <- The amazing* indent-o-meter!