[CrackMonkey] Re: [finalyr] State Library Part-time job

Paul Cameron 1paul at optushome.com.au
Thu Apr 12 06:08:47 PDT 2001

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 03:11:28PM +1000, <snip> wrote:

> >I have attached a formal position description which will give you and any
> >interested parties some background to the position, which is in a business
> >unit of the State Library.  Obviously, as it would be part-time, we would
> >not expect the student to cover the range of duties listed in the position
> >description, but would concentrate on those we most require at this moment,
> >which are listed above.  Depending on the student's availability we could
> >use up to 14 hours per week, although this is flexible.

<SNIP>

> The position requires a customer service focus and team skills, a
> high standard of written and verbal communication skills, including
> technical writing skills, and the ability to determine priorities and
> work under pressure to meet user needs and demands.
>
> Substantial experience in Unix server administration, preferably in a
> business environment, is essential.  Knowledge and application of Sun
> Solaris, FTP, Sendmail, SMTP, PERL, TCP/IP and telnet protocols are
> essential.  Substantial experience in supporting an internet
> environment, programming skills in HTML, CGI, PERL, JavaScript and
> ColdFusion and substantial web-programming and analysis experience is
> essential.
>
> Experience in supporting NT servers and database servers is highly
> desirable.  A relevant tertiary qualification and evidence of an
> interest in continuing education are also highly desirable.

So, let me get this straight. They want a:
  o) literary genius
  o) savante in 1001 programming languages, protocols,
     operating systems and applications, and
  o) someone with tertiary qualifications (as if the other
     thousand requirements weren't enough)

What are they going to pay this person, monopoly money??

Paul.