[CrackMonkey] Hotmail "cracked"

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Fri Apr 6 12:54:27 PDT 2001

M. Drew Streib writes:

> On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 03:14:06PM -0400, Tangmonkey wrote:
> > capital letters are to be put in this place. Then skip three (3) lines
> > and place your own hotmail account information such as: My login:My
> > password (a smeicolon makes it easier for the bot to recognize). This
>
> Sort of like the spam I once got that said If I sent my bank account
> information to somebody they'd put money in it for me.
>
> I did it of course. I mean, who wouldn't want free money?

Maybe bank accounts should be kind of like public key cryptography,
where you have one account number for deposits and another account
number for withdrawals (and it's infeasible to find the withdrawal
account number given the deposit account number).

Not that banks will actually implement that.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I