[CrackMonkey] [sirrmt@dingoblue.net.au: Re: [Pigdog] Re: P*rl in Latin, whither Python?]

Kirrily Skud Robert skud at infotrope.net
Fri Nov 10 22:19:37 PST 2000

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 04:36:22PM -0800, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Robert Thomson <sirrmt at dingoblue.net.au> -----
>
> And in Esperanto:
>
> penu:						# try
>   alportu matimatikon				# import math
> esceptu:					# except
>   levu alporteraro				# raise ImportError
>
> eks = 1						# x = 1
>
> dum eks ordu(13):				# for, range
> 	se (eks > 10):				# if
> 	  presu "Hello world - Saluton, mondo!"	# print
> 	  rompu					# break
>
> Who's up for doing the klingon version?

I believe Damian Conway's already done that, or at least has plans for
it.  I know he was upset when one of the Perl 6 language design RFC's
recommended the removal of ' as a (deprecated) synonym for ::

K.

--
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - skud at infotrope.net - http://infotrope.net/
Enough of top and bottom -