[CrackMonkey]softdep urls

Monkey Master monkeymaster at crackmonkey.org
Tue Mar 14 10:22:39 PST 2000

begin  Mike Goldman quotation:
> On Debian, assuming you're doing the binary-thing, you just do
> "apt-get upgrade" but you don't care about that.  Instead, you can
> instead pull down the foobar_1.3.orig.tar.gz, foobar_1.3-1.diff.gz
> and foobar_1.3-1.dsc, run "dpkg-source -x  foobar_1.3-1.dsc", cd
> into foobar-1.3 and run "debuild -us -uc" to build, then "debi" to
> install.  Done.  Not quite as purdy as "make install", but it's very
> routine.  Unfortunately, it does not *yet* do source dependencies,
> so *BSD wins some points.

	apt-get source --compile foobar

	It's one command, and anyone on the system can run it.  I have
a /usr/local/src/dpkg/ where I build all the potato packages that I
want to install on my slink box.

Pigdog.Org      - The Online Handbook for Bad People of the Future
                You are not entitled to your opinions.