[CrackMonkey] Big Brother loves you.

Mike Goldman whig at debian.org
Thu Jun 15 01:47:17 PDT 2000

Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Peter A. Peterson II wrote:
> > Quoting Brian Behlendorf:
> > > What country did you think you lived in?
> >
> > Come on Brian, "Big Brother" just wants you to PARTY SAFE.
>
> Which we're handling ourselves just fine, thanks:  www.dancesafe.org

Pittsburgh promoters are heavily divided on DanceSafe right now -- basically
one group thinks that by doing adulterant screening we are "sending a
message" that drugs are ok, and they asked FLOWER to distribute literature
only.  We declined.  Harm reduction isn't about sending fscking messages,
it's about helping people stay safe and healthy, dammit.

What really brings all the drugs to the party scene more than anything is
the media coverage which repeatedly suggests to people that "raves" =
"drugs."  So kids come to their first-ever party looking to score some
ecstasy or whatever, and the dealers come to try and sell them some bunk
shit that makes them sick, and so of course the media can report this as
proof of what they were saying before.  Fuckers.