[CrackMonkey] The right to bare legs

Michael Jennings mej at valinux.com
Sat Aug 26 02:01:37 PDT 2000

On Friday, 25 August 2000, at 19:12:57 (+0100),
Paul J Collins wrote:

> Whether businesses use free software or not is of no consequence to me.

Nobody gives a rat's ass what is of consequence to you.

> I disagree with that assessment.

I have read your statement that you disagree, and I feel that it is
also crap.  However, it took many fewer letters to compose the crap
than did Stallman's piece.  I commend your brevity.

> I don't have a problem with any "open source" that is free software.
> I don't have a problem with the definition.  It is the term and its
> use that I object to.

That's your problem.  I think the term "open source software" is a
better one than "free software" and will continue to use the former
term.  If you don't like it, you know where to unsubscribe.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej at eterm.org>
Software Engineer, VA Linux Systems       Author, Eterm (www.eterm.org)