[CrackMonkey] Information Wants to Be Free

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Apr 24 15:04:47 PDT 2000

On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 02:40:01PM -0700, Mr. Bad wrote:

> I guess what got me worried was applying this idea to one of the most
> powerful and dangerous pieces of information on Earth: the recipe for
> making and deploying nuclear weapons. Obviously, if this information
> were available freely around the globe, there would be huge damage and
> human casualties (even if you factor in the need for significant
> physical resources).

The "secret" to making a simple nuclear weapon from weapons-grade
fissile material is already out.  Fortunately, there's a lot of
big heavy equipment and associated knowledge needed to produce the
weapons-grade material in the first place.

Nuclear weapons still require machinery that you can't hide in
your garage.

3.  Worldwide enforcement of regulations comparable to RCRA:
http://www.epa.gov/rcraonline/

--
Don Marti                  Information wants to be $6.95.
dmarti at zgp.org
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
whois DM683      Au feu les GIF!  http://burnallgifs.org/