[CrackMonkey] Adventure shell

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 24 09:07:23 PDT 2000

advsh lives!  Well, not quite.  But I found not just Doug Gwyn's Bourne
shell implementation of an "advent" style Unix prompt, but also John
Coker's original C version.  Both were at ftp://ftp.gmd.de:/if-archive/shells/
and I now have them in http://linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/system/ .

The bad news is that advsh appears to have been unmaintained since 1988,
and doesn't even think of compiling.  The Makefile attempts to invoke
the C compiler as filename "co", and it looks for a bunch of libs in
non-existent directory "hgets".  But, I'm offering the package for
whatever they're worth.

--
Cheers,              "By reading this sentence, you agree to be bound by the
Rick Moen             terms of the Internet Protocol, version 4, or, at your