[CrackMonkey] (fwd) biz-speak

mbp at crackmonkey.org mbp at crackmonkey.org
Mon Apr 10 21:31:41 PDT 2000

> We would like to explore the possibility of having a strategic associati
> on, whereby we could [...]

(Develop new word-wrapping algorithms?)

> We are lead by a CEO, with 17 years of experience in the Silicon Valley.
>  He not only brings to us the Technical Expertise, but also vehemently i
> mbibes the work culture and ethos of the Silicon Valley.

`vehemently imbibes': such a vivid image!  She should write for PDJ!

2 definitions found

  Vehement \Ve"he*ment\ (?), a. [L. vehemens, the first part of
     which is perhaps akin to vehere to carry, and the second mens
     mind: cf. F. véhément. Cf. Vehicle, and
     Mental.]
     1. Acting with great force; furious; violent; impetuous;
        forcible; mighty; as, vehement wind; a vehement torrent; a
        vehement fire or heat.

     2. Very ardent; very eager or urgent; very fervent;
        passionate; as, a vehement affection or passion. "Vehement
        instigation." --Shak. "Vehement desire." --Milton.

     Syn: Furious; violent; raging; impetuous; passionate; ardent;
          eager; hot; fervid; burning.

  Imbibe \Im*bibe"\ (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Imbibed (?); p. pr. &
     vb. n. Imbibing.] [L. imbibere; pref. im- in + bibere to
     drink: cf. F. imbiber. Cf. Bib, Imbue, Potable.]
     1. To drink in; to absorb; to suck or take in; to receive as
        by drinking; as, a person imbibes drink, or a sponge
        imbibes moisture.

     2. To receive or absorb into the mind and retain; as, to
        imbibe principles; to imbibe errors.

     3. To saturate; to imbue. [Obs.] "Earth, imbibed with . . .
        acid." --Sir I. Newton.

(Angry and violent when drunk?  Who knows.)

--
mbp