[CrackMonkey] [mailman-owner@zork.net: CrackMonkey Subscribe Notification]

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Sun Apr 9 23:35:27 PDT 2000

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Rob Walker wrote:

> Deirdre> I'm not sure the SEC has ruled on such things. ;)
>
> well, then, if you want 51% or so left after, ask me to shoot at it.
> If you want more like 90% of it, ask Eric.  He doesn't like to put
> very many holes in paper.  Seems to use the same hole a lot of times,
> over and over, wearing them out.  :-)

While I haven't been shooting much lately at events (mostly because I
haven't felt well the last couple of times), I did very very well at the
first event. I used to be an NRA certified pistol instructor. Both my late
husband and myself were also firearm safety instructors for the State of
Vermont (before you could get a permit for hunting that required firearms,
you had to have a firearms safety course). Both of us had trophies for
shooting.

In any case, wadcutters seem to be the load of choice: they make nice,
clean holes. Of course, mostly all you can find are the sissy
semi-wadcutters. Feh.

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not dismount.