[CrackMonkey] Simplistic Yahoo Daily News polls

Michael Jennings mej at valinux.com
Thu Apr 6 14:22:17 PDT 2000

On Thursday, 06 April 2000, at 13:05:35 (-0700),
Monkey Master wrote:

> Nope.  The Confederate STATE flag was more like the original Old
> Glory, only with the stripe colors reversed or something.  The
> dukes-of-hazard flag was a battle flag, and has no business hanging
> over a state building unless the state in question is at war.

http://www.pointsouth.com/csanet/flagregs.htm

Yes, it was the Battle Flag.  It was the Battle Flag of the
Confederate States of America.  And its symbol was also used in the
national flag beginning in 1863.

And whether or not it has any business flying in a given location is
up to the people who live in that location, not some whiny
Californian.

Michael

--
 "Sometimes it can last Forever, but it seldom ever lasts Forever.
  And we learn just how fast Forever goes."           -- Howard Hewett