[esr@thyrsus.com: Re: JediMonkey [Re: [crackmonkey] http://www.cygnus.com/contest/]]

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Fri Mar 26 14:26:22 PST 1999

----- Forwarded message from "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com> -----

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 16:29:29 -0500
From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com>
To: Nick Moffitt <nick at zork.net>
Subject: Re: JediMonkey [Re: [crackmonkey] http://www.cygnus.com/contest/]

Nick Moffitt <nick at zork.net>:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 1999 at 02:11:06AM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> > "On contemplating the vast wasteland that is the CrackMonkey site, I
> > can only say `Kreegah!  Bundolo!' and beat my chest in the Dum-Dum dance."
>
> 	Wonderful!  It's up on the front page now.

FYI, in case you haven't encountered them, the odd words are from the
language of the great apes in the Tarzan mythos.  "Kreegah!" is "Danger!";
I've forgotten what "Bundolo" is but Tarzan always yelled it right after
"Kreegah!".  The Dum-Dum was a crude anthropoid ritual dance performed
by the light of the moon; in one memorable passage, ERB described it as
the fountainhead of all human religions.
--

The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can
bribe the people with their own money.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
"The software is intended to be as unobtrusive, unintrusive and
unconstraining as possible.  In software as elsewhere, good