[crackmonkey] why linux is not easy?? (fwd)

Chris J. DiBona chris at dibona.com
Sun Mar 21 18:42:37 PST 1999

People piss me off.

 Chris

--
Director of Linux Marketing - VA Research Inc.       http://www.varesearch.com
Vice President, Silicon Valley Linux Users Group          http://www.svlug.org
Webmaster & Grant Chair, Linux International.                http://www.li.org
Tannu Tuva or Bust!                 whois cjd32          http://www.dibona.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 19:40:58 +0100
From: lillo <agnello at ediset.it>
To: chris at dibona.com
Subject: why linux is not easy??

Hallo
i have decided to write you to tell how much i'm disappointed of Linux o.s..
I'm a new user of Linux o.s. and i've observed that i can't install the
most populars software like kde, gnome, scitext etc becouse i haven't the
libraries that they asks.
I install always the newer kernel version. At moment i've 2.2.1 and gcc 2.9.
I can't too to compile many programs becouse the compiler return some error
messages that says some variables are undefinited and stop the compilation.
Now i ask you a simple thing:
is this Linux o.s. and i don't able to install a software or to compile a
program either is Linux wrong?
For me the first thing to do is to make easy the installation of software
enclosing all the libraries the program need in the same program package
like do Windows 95/98 software. For me isn't possible don't to install a
program
becouse i haven't a library.
I hope for a your pawning and send you my greetings.

						jamesbiond at serradifalco.it